735C Articulated Truck
The Cat 735C with a 22 m3 (28.7 yd3) 32.7 tonnes (36 tons) capacity offers proven reliability, durability, high productivity, superior operator comfort and lower operating costs. With many updated and improved features, an all new power train and new ease of operation features including Automatic Retarder Control, the 735C is now more productive than ever before.
- Engine Model
- Cat C15 ACERT
- Gross Power – SAE J1995
- Net Power – SAE J1349
- Engine Model – U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV/Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final)/Korea Tier 4 Final
- Cat® C15 ACERT™
- Net Power – ISO 14396
- No Engine De-rating Required Below
- Peak Engine Torque Gross (SAE J1995)
- Peak Engine Torque Net (SAE J1349)
- Peak Engine Torque Speed
- Rated Payload
- Forward 1
- Forward 2
- Forward 3
- Forward 4
- Forward 5
- Forward 6
- Forward 7
- Reverse 1
- Reverse 2
- Forward 8
- Forward 9
- Front Axle – Empty
- Center Axle – Empty
- Rear Axle – Empty
- Total – Empty
- Front Axle – Rated Load
- Center Axle – Rated Load
- Rear Axle – Rated Load
- Total – Rated Load
- Front Axle – Loaded
- Center Axle – Loaded
- Rear Axle – Loaded
- Total – Loaded
- High strength Brinell HB450 wear resistant steel
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank
- Cooling System
- DEF Tank
- Engine Crankcase
- Final Drives (each)
- Axles (each)
- Brake Cooling Tank
- Steering/Hoist Hydraulic System
- Interior Cab
- Raise Time
- Lower Time
- ISO 3450-2011
- ISO 3449 Level II-2005
- ISO 3471-2008
- ISO 5010-2007
- Lock to Lock
- 4.6 seconds @ 60 rpm
- Dimensions are for machines equipped with 26.5R25 tires.
- Turning Dimensions: Steer Angle – Left/Right
- Turning Dimensions: SAE Turning Radius
- Turning Dimensions: Clearance Radius
- Turning Dimensions: Inside Radius
- Turning Dimensions: Aisle Width
- Heaped SAE 2:1
- Tailgate Heaped SAE 2:1
- Tailgate Struck
Optimized performance, proven reliability
Every Tier 4 Final/Stage IV Cat engine with ACERT Technology is equipped with a combination of proven electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment components. The right technologies fine-tuned for the right applications result in:
- Improved fluid efficiency of up to 5% improvement over Tier 4 Interim/Stage IIIB products (including Diesel Exhaust Fluid consumption).
- High machine performance across a variety of applications.
- Enhanced reliability through commonality and simplicity of design.
- Maximized uptime and reduced cost with world-class support from the Cat dealer network.
- Minimized impact of Emission Systems: designed to be transparent to the operator without requiring interaction.
- Durable designs with long life to overhaul.
- Delivering better fuel economy with minimized maintenance costs while providing the same great power and response.
Advanced MEUI™-C Injector
Advanced MEUI-C injector platforms deliver increased injection pressures and more precise fuel rates. These durable injectors enhance responsiveness while controlling soot.
Innovative Air Management
Cat Tier 4 Final/Stage IV engines feature innovative air-management systems that optimize airflow and enhance power, efficiency and reliability.
Cat NOx Reduction System (NRS)
The NRS captures and cools a small quantity of exhaust gas, then routes it back into the combustion chamber where it drives down combustion temperatures and reduces NOx emissions.
The aftertreatment solution utilized for Tier 4 Final/Stage IV products is the next evolutionary step for Cat engines with ACERT Technology. To meet the additional 80% reduction in NOx emissions required by Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards, Caterpillar engineers only needed to add one new system to the already proven aftertreatment solution in use, Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR).
Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)
Cat engines equipped with a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system inject Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) into the exhaust to reduce NOx emissions. DEF is a precisely mixed solution of 32.5% high purity chemical grade urea and 67.5% de-ionized water.
Engine Compression Brake
The engine compression brake improves retarding response and increases retarding power for controlled descent of grades.
Class leading transmission technology
The new Cat High Density Power Shift (HDPS) nine-speed forward two-speed reverse transmission, designed specifically for Articulated Trucks, features Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS) and Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC) which deliver smooth gear changes with improved acceleration and higher productivity. Rimpull has been increased in both forward and reverse. Speed hold/limiting function allows the machine speed to be limited in 1 km/h or 1 mph steps to conform to site speed restrictions. Gearshifts have been significantly improved to maintain direct drive lock-up, and reduce dropping into converter drive. This helps maintain ground speed and gradeability. Variable shift points used based on the operating conditions, which also aid in maintaining ground speed during gear changes on grades.
Larger diameter torque converter, configured for off highway applications, allows the higher engine power to be transmitted more efficiently to the lower power train.
Ease of use, improved performance
Automatic Traction Control (ATC)
The ATC system successfully introduced on the B Series has been further enhanced for even better performance. Application of the inter and cross-axle differential locks is ‘on-the-go’ and fully automatic. The operator does not have to think about when and where to engage either diff lock. Sensors monitor the machine and wheel speeds, enabling instant response in low traction conditions. Operation is seamless and smooth, eliminating wheel slip for maximum traction and therefore productivity. Clutches are automatically disengaged when ground conditions allow, maximizing efficiency when steering or on uneven ground. ATC reduces tire and driveline abuse, eliminating lost efficiency caused by improper manual operation of the differential clutches, and reducing the cost of premature tire replacement.
Automatic Retarder Control (ARC)
In automatic mode, use of the retarder is much easier for the operator. As with ATC a number of machine operating aspects are monitored, and if required the engine compression brake is engaged automatically. The system can help towards eliminating engine overspeed, improving safe machine operation and reducing cycle times, yet still with the flexibility of manual control if needed.
When set to automatic, regeneration will occur without any interaction from the operator. The three modes of regeneration shown below allow the articulated truck to adapt to specific site conditions in the most efficient manner. Automatic: The machine carries out ‘on-the-go’ regeneration when the engine control module determines conditions are acceptable. The operator requires no action and the articulated truck is not required to stop working. Automatic: Low idle regeneration is initiated when the machine is in a reduced operating mode for a predetermined period of time, and a number of conditions are met. The system is designed so that the operator can interrupt regeneration at any time. Manual: A manual regeneration is initiated by pressing the regeneration switch for 5 seconds. The machine must be brought to a non-operating mode in order to perform a manual regeneration.
Suspension and Braking
Performance with comfort
The three-point front suspension oscillates ±6° to provide a smooth ride, allowing the operator to travel at speed over rough terrain and softening impact loads on structures and components. Large bore, low-pressure cylinders are purpose designed for tough applications and offer a soft, smooth ride.
The front suspension uses an oscillating A-frame with a lateral tie rod to control axle sideways movement and stability.
Features a walking beam with Caterpillar designed rear suspension mounts, which have long life and provide a reliable, and stable ride for excellent load retention.
Suspension mounting points are integrated into the axle housing, increasing reliability.
All Axle Enclosed Wet Brakes
Provide smoother retarding and braking, with improved holding in slippery conditions and on grades.
Eliminates potential ‘roll-back’ on grades. If an operator stops the machine on a grade, when taking his foot off the service brake pedal the machine will automatically hold the service brakes on for a number of seconds to prevent the machine from rolling backwards.
Improved productivity with a comfortable and confident operator
Spacious Two-Person Cab
The large two-person cab, offers a comfortable working space for both the operator and a passenger. The passenger seat is fully padded with a backrest and a wide, retractable seat belt for a secure and comfortable ride. It is also positioned adjacent to the operator, giving both the operator and passenger a clear view of the instrument panel, controls and the road. The storage space behind the operator seat has been increased, and access improved. The design and layout is common across all C Series Articulated Trucks.
Air Suspension Seat
The air suspension seat provides improved operator comfort with a cushioned upper high back, adjustable damping with three settings, ride zone indicator and adjustable lumbar settings. It is fully adjustable to provide the optimal driving position.
The air conditioning system helps to keep you comfortable whatever environment you are operating in.
As the name implies, anywhere you are waiting you can use this feature to remove the need for repeated application of the parking brake. For example, if you are holding the machine on a grade, in a loading or dump area, select neutral and press the yellow button on the gear select cane. This will automatically apply the service brakes, without the need to apply the park brake. To disengage, put the machine in gear and the brakes are automatically released.
The three-point front suspension with its oscillating axle and low-pressure ride struts, combined with the center-mounted cab, offers unrivaled levels of ride comfort for the operator in all driving conditions. The operator remains comfortable and productive throughout the day.
Ease of Operation
Designed around the operator
The cab is designed to make all aspects of machine operation as simple as possible. The controls and gauges are easy to read and straightforward to operate, the controls and gauges allow the operator to focus on safe machine operation while maintaining productivity.
The integrated wrap-around dash puts all controls within easy reach of the operator. Featuring LED illuminated rocker switches for the dash dimmer, rear wash wiper, hazard warning, work lamp, secondary steer, A/C and cigar lighter. Delivers an automotive feel with the industrial strength you would expect from Caterpillar.
Color Multi Purpose Display (CMPD)
The dash mounted display unit shows the operator various levels of performance and condition pages as well as machine warning categories. These include performance data, configuration settings, operator and machine totals, service information, various machine status parameters, machine payload information (when fitted), and the video feed from the rearview camera.
Bluetooth™ Stereo Connectivity
Make and receive calls via Bluetooth equipped mobile.
Durability and Reliability
Proven structures and components
The front frame design features a large box section and wide, stiff frame beams to handle torque loads. The divergent frame design decreases stress in the hitch area and optimizes suspension geometry. The frame design makes maximum use of robotic welding for increased durability.
Twin-box construction minimizes stress concentrations and provides low weight with long service life.
The three-point oscillating axle front suspension provides unparalleled ride quality. It also protects the truck from adverse road conditions by absorbing shock loads that would reach the frame.
The articulating hitch provides the truck with steering articulation, and the oscillation ensures all-wheel ground contact in rough terrain.
Field proven two-piece construction features a durable cast steel head bolted to a hard wearing forged steel tube.
Dump Body Design
The 735C has a large target area to provide consistently high load-carrying capacity. Its diverging flow design gives clean material discharge, which maximizes production and avoids the waste of carry-back.
Output Transfer Gear
Distributes drive to the tractor and trailer and includes a wet clutch differential lock for optimum traction in poor underfoot conditions.
Dual-circuit, all wheel braking system. The full power hydraulic system actuates enclosed, oil immersed, multi disc, multi plate brakes with independent front and rear circuits and accumulators.
Located on the center axle in an elevated position, it is spring applied and hydraulically released.
The right information at the right time
CAT CONNECT makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you’ll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before. Cat Connect technologies offers improvements in these key areas: Equipment Management – increase uptime and reduce operating costs. Productivity – monitor production and manage job site efficiency. Safety – enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe.
LINK technologies, like Product Link wirelessly connect you to your equipment, giving you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing. The system tracks location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes through the online VisionLink user interface so you can make timely, fact-based decisions to maximize efficiency, improve productivity, and lower costs.
PAYLOAD technologies like Cat Production Measurement bring payload weighing to the cab to help optimize job site efficiency and productivity. Operators can view real-time load weights on the integrated display and know precisely when target is achieved, while cab-mounted external payload lights signal the loader operator when to stop loading to reduce overloading. Operators can track daily productivity from the cab, with quick access to truck payload weights, loads and cycle counts, and daily totals; or remotely via LINK technologies.
Maximize uptime and reduce costs
Long Service Intervals
Changes to oil change intervals, volumes and the type of oil required will help lower maintenance costs and machine downtime.
Lubrication points are grouped in the hitch area for ease of servicing. Universal joints are lubed for life, eliminating any maintenance. An autolube system is also available, and now includes alerts via Product Link for low grease levels.
Mounted on the left side of the engine under the electrically raised hood:
- Engine dipstick and fill cap
- Transmission dipstick and fill cap
- Air, fuel water separator and fuel filters
- Electrically operated fuel-priming pump
- Coolant level indicator and fill cap are outside the cab
The radiator package is located behind the cab, which provides protection from frontal impacts and offers easy access to the inlet and outlet sides of the radiator.
Extended Life Coolant
Extends the change interval and improves component life by reducing aluminum corrosion.
Electrical Service Center
Located inside the cab, this service center provides a power port, diagnostic connector and Cat Data Link connector.
Cat Data Link Connector
The Cat Data Link connector provides a plug-in using a laptop with Electronic Technician (ET) software.
The cab tilts to the side to provide easy access underneath, which simplifies access to the transmission, drive shafts and hydraulic pumps. Machine electrical and hydraulic interfaces are located on the right side of the cab, behind a removable body panel for easy access.
The suspension system eliminates the need to lower the suspension when transporting the truck, reducing maintenance and downtime.
Complete Customer Support
A commitment to your success
Make comparisons of the machines you are considering before you buy. Your Cat dealer can help.
Consider the resale value; compare productivity and day-to-day operating costs and fuel consumption.
For the best operating techniques to increase productivity and your profit, turn to your Cat dealer for the latest training literature and trained staff.
Repair option programs guarantee the cost of repairs up front. Diagnostic programs such as S·O·SSM and Technical Analysis help you avoid unscheduled repairs.
Repair or rebuild? Your Cat dealer can help you evaluate the costs so you can make the right choice.
Your local Cat dealership will be with you every step of the way with its unsurpassed worldwide parts support, trained technicians and customer support agreements.
For more complete information on Cat products, dealer services and industry solutions, visit us on the Web at www.cat.com.
Making sustainable progress possible
All Cat Articulated Trucks are designed to maximize efficiency and productivity while conserving natural resources.
The amount of both hydraulic and engine oil required has been lowered, reducing waste oil disposal.
The Cat C15 ACERT engine incorporating the Cat Clean Emission Module (CEM) meets Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards, and has the flexibility of running on either ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel or biodiesel blended with ULSD.
The Caterpillar Design, Manufacturing, Assembly and Test Site at Peterlee in England recycle 98% of all waste produced with zero waste to landfill.
Rebuild and reman are designed and built in to all Cat C Series Articulated Trucks. This gives machines a longer life while reducing waste and replacement costs.
Designed and built into every machine
Caterpillar has been and continues to be proactive in developing machines that meet or exceed safety standards. Safety is an integral part of all machines and system designs.
- Cab integral ROPS (Roll Over Protection System) and FOPS (Falling Object Protection System)
- Rearview camera system incorporate into the CMPD, can provide a continuous panoramic rear view or when reverse gear is selected
- The secondary and parking brake functions are spring applied and hydraulic released
- Electro-hydraulic secondary steering system automatically activates in forward/reverse or when stationary if low pressure is sensed. Can be manually selected for machine recovery purposes.
- Ground level external engine fuel cut off switch provides easy access outside of the machine
- External electrical system disconnect switch for easy access from outside of the machine
- Slip resistant walkways – punched steel plate
- 75 mm (3 in) wide seat belts for operator/trainer and passenger
- Wide angled mirrors for excellent rear visibility
- Sweeping hood design for panoramic forward visibility
- Extensive handrails
- Body raised visual indicator
- Heated mirrors (optional)
- LED-flashing beacon (optional)
- Additional mirrors
- Maximum speed limiter
- Multiple camera option
- Internal and external grab handles
- Fire extinguisher in-cab mounting point
- Fully raised body locking pin
- Reversing indicator
- Park brake switch safety lock
- Air conditioning with R134A refrigerant
- Adjustable air vents
- Auto shift nine-speed forward and two reverse transmission
- Reverse alarm
- Cat C15 ACERT engine
- Cat rearview camera
- Cat Clean Emission Module (CEM) and exhaust aftertreatment package
- Color Multi-Purpose Display (CMPD) incorporating the rearview camera feed
- Differentials: standard with automatic clutched inter and cross-axle differential locks
- Dual circuit oil immersed, enclosed brakes – all wheels
- Electrical system: 24 volt, 5A 24- to 12-volt converter
- Electro hydraulic hoist control
- Glass windows: laminated and tinted-front toughened and tinted-sides and rear
- Guards: rear window, radiator, crankcase and axle
- Heater and defroster with four-speed fan
- Horn: electric
- Lights: cab interior, front, width marker, side, rear, two reversing/work light, two stop/tail lights, front and rear direction indicators
- Mirrors: extensive arrangement for improved visibility
- Mud flaps: wheel arch and body mounted with transportation tiebacks
- Product Link: PL321 or PL522 dependent on location and licensing agreement
- Retarder: engine compression brake
- Rops/fops Cab, Machine Operation Monitoring System Includes:
- Action lamp, engine oil pressure, primary steering system, left turn signal, high beam, coolant temperature, tachometer, parking brake, fuel level, right turn signal, transmission oil temperature, brake system, transmission hold, hoist control, hydraulic system, charging system, retarder, transmission fault, traction control system, check engine lamp
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) level, emission malfunction lamp, regeneration active, Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), regeneration disabled
- Liquid Crystal Display (lcd):
- Alert indicator, selected gear and direction, speed or auto shift, review Operation and Maintenance Manual (OMM), primary steering failure, seat belt warning, secondary steering failure, DPF regeneration filter, Machine Security System (MSS), secondary steering energy source engaged, hour meter and retarder active
- Seat, fully adjustable, air suspension
- Seat, padded companion/trainer
- Secondary steering – electro hydraulic
- S·O·S sampling valves
- Spill guard, front, integral part of fabricated body
- Starting receptacle, electric, remote
- Storage: cup holder, flask receptacle, under seat storage, door pocket, behind seat storage, coat hook
- Sun visor
- Three axle, six-wheel drive
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Tires, six 26.5R25, radial
- Two seat belts, operator’s retractable
- Vandalism protection: lockable caps for fuel tank and hydraulic oil tank
- Windows opening side, tinted
- Windshield wiper and washer, two speed, intermittent (front)
- Windshield wiper and washer, two speed (rear)
- Auto lube installation for automatic greasing of bearings
- Body liners
- Bluetooth radio stereo system
- Cold weather coolant –51° C (–60° F)
- Cold weather start attachment
- Engine block heater
- Ether start
- Exhaust heated body
- Fast fuel fill
- Flashing LED beacon
- Fuel additive-anti-waxing
- Heated seat
- Heated rearview motorized mirrors
- Machine Security System (MSS)
- Product Link: PL321, PL522, VIMS™ Cellular, VIMS Satellite (where available)
- Roof mounted High Intensity Discharge (HID) work lights
- Scissor tailgate
- 775/65 R29 wide tires
- Cat production measurement payload monitoring system