825K Soil Compactor
Cat Soil Compactors are designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, our machines allow you to operate more efficiently and safely. Representing a long-standing commitment to quality and performance, this rugged, powerful machine is designed and built for heavy-duty compaction and dozing operations. Focused on helping our customers succeed, we have continued to build upon each new series. The 825K continues our legacy of reliability, performance, safety, operator comfort, serviceability, and efficiency.
- Engine Model
- Cat® C15 ACERT™
- Net Power
- Meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV emission standards or meets U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards
- Rated Power (Net SAE J1349)
- Rated Power (Net ISO 9249)
- Gross Power
- Net Power: Direct Drive – Gross Power
- Net Power: Direct Drive – Torque Rise
- Net Power: Converter Drive – Gross Power
- Net Power: Converter Drive – Torque Rise
- Maximum Net Torque @ 1,300 rpm
- Maximum Altitude without Derating (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- Maximum Altitude without Derating (Tier 3 Final/Stage IIIA equivalent)
- High Idle Speed
- Low Idle Speed
- Operating Weight
- Operating Weight (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- Operating Weight (Tier 3 Final/Stage IIIA equivalent)
- Transmission Type
- Planetary – Powershift – ECPC
- Travel Speeds: Forward – First
- Travel Speeds: Forward – Second
- Travel Speeds: Forward – Third
- Travel Speeds: Reverse – First
- Travel Speeds: Reverse – Second
- Travel Speeds: Reverse – Third
- Pump Flow at 1,800 rpm
- Main Relief Pressure
- Maximum Supply Pressure
- Cylinder, Double-acting: Lift, Bore and Stroke
- 120 mm × 1070 mm (4.7 in × 42.1 in)
- Cylinder, Double-acting: Tilt, Bore and Stroke
- 95.25 mm × 216 mm (3.75 in × 8.5 in)
Service Refill Capacities
- Cooling System
- Engine Crankcase
- Fuel Tank
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- Differentials and Final Drives – Front
- Differentials and Final Drives – Rear
- Hydraulic Tank Only
- Planetary – Fixed
- Planetary – Oscillating
- Oscillation Angle
- Parking Brake
- Drum and Shoe, Spring Applied, Hydraulic Released
Cab – Standard
- Operator Sound Level (ISO 6396)
- Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395)
Cab – Suppression
- Operator Sound Level (ISO 6396)
- Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395)
Hydraulic System – Steering
- Steering System – Circuit
- Double Acting – End Mounted
- Steering System – Pump
- Piston – Variable Displacement
- Maximum System Flow
- 170 L/min @ 1,800 rpm (44.9 gal/min @ 1,800 rpm)
- Steering Pressure Limited
- Vehicle Articulation Angle
- 86 degrees
- Moldboard Length
- Height Including Cutting Edge
- Maximum Depth of Cut
- Maximum Lift Above Ground
- Blade Tip Angle – Total
- Blade Tip Angle – Forward
- Blade Tip Angle – Back
- Blade Tilt Angle – Right – Mechanical
- Blade Tilt Angle – Left – Mechanical
- Blade Tilt Angle – Right – Hydraulic
- Blade Tilt Angle – Left – Hydraulic
- Blade Tilt Angle – Right Full
- Blade Tilt Angle – Left Full
- Total Tilt Adjustment
- Width Over End Bits
- Outside Diameter
- Drum Diameter
- Drum Width
- Tips per Wheel
- Width over Drums
- Height to Top of Beacon
- Height to Top of Exhaust Pipe
- Height to Top of Hood
- Ground Clearance to Bumper
- Center Line of Rear Axle to Edge of Counterweight
- Hitch to Center Line of Front Axle
- Length with Blade on Ground
- Ground Clearance
- Width over Wheels
- Height to ROPS/Canopy
- Turning Radius – Inside of Push Arms
Efficiency and Productivity
Delivering the efficiency and productivity you demand through integrated machine systems.
The Autoshift mode, when active, allows the machine to automatically upshift or downshift based on machine speed and torque, optimizing performance and thus saving fuel. This feature can be easily enabled or disabled on the soft keypad.
The left pedal acts as a brake, transmission neutralizer and an engine decelerator to override the engine speed selected by the throttle lock. This enables the operator to slow down when the throttle lock is engaged and to return to throttle lock without pressing a resume or set button again. This aids in maneuvering around trucks, tractors or any other obstacle.
Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™)
Experience maximum responsiveness and control with STIC that combines directional selection, gear selection and steering into a single lever.
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection
- Smoother, faster cycles help reduce operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls
Confident machine operation starts with precise machine control enabled by the 825K’s load sensing hydraulic steering system.
- Increase efficiency with our variable displacement piston pumps
- Achieve precise positioning for easy loading in tight areas with 43 degrees each way of steering articulation
- Enhance operator comfort with integrated steering and transmission control functions
Electro Hydraulic Controls
Operators increase productivity with our responsive implements feature.
- Operate comfortably through electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops
- Handle easy-to-use soft detent controls
Purpose-built from the ground up for the toughest conditions.
The 825 is specifically designed and made with purpose built structures to remain safe and durable for the long run. Advanced design, materials and robotic welding contribute to increased durability and overall machine strength.
Your bottom line is improved by highly durable structures that achieve multiple life cycles and withstand the toughest loading conditions.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces
- Heavy-duty steering cylinder mounts efficiently transmit steering loads into the frame
- Axle mounting has been optimized for increased structural integrity
Operate more efficiently with improved power and control.
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
Building your success begins with a best-in-class transmission.
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls that utilize Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS).
- Long life and reliability through heat treat gear and metallurgy.
- Three forward and three reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat Torque Converter (TC) with Lock-up Clutch
- Eliminates TC losses while lowering system heat
- Improves travel speeds
- Increases fuel efficiency
Cat C15 ACERT Engine
The Cat C15 ACERT engine is built and tested to meet your most demanding applications. Two engine options are available that meet Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards or Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards.
- Fully integrated electronic engine controls works in concert with the entire machine to make your fuel go farther.
- Use less fuel idling with Engine Idle Shutdown.
- Maximized durability with Delayed Engine Shutdown.
Tamping Wheels and Tips
The heart of any compaction system.
Chevron Tamping Tip Design
The modified chevron tamping wheel tip design provides greater ground pressure, more compaction, excellent traction and a smooth ride.
Compaction is achieved from the bottom of the lift to the top. The tapered tips walk out of the lift without “fluffing” the soil. The top of the lift is compacted and the surface is relatively smooth and sealed so hauling units are able to maintain a high speed when traveling over the fill. The 825K travel speed allows four forces of compaction: pressure, manipulation, impact and vibration. Since the 825K can also spread fill, the number of spreader tractors may be able to be reduced.
Standard tips are used in typical soil compaction applications where compaction specification requirements are 95-100 percent Standard Proctor.
Symmetrical Tamping Tip Pattern
Equal compaction in forward or reverse is the result of the symmetrical tamping tip pattern. Tips are full perimeter and replaceable. The tip is welded to a base assembly, which then is welded directly to the drum.
Each wheel has two cleaner bars to keep the drums free of carryover dirt, regardless of rolling direction so efficiency is maximized.
Adjustable Cleaner Bar Tip
The adjustable cleaner bar tips are heat-treated and direct hardened, cutting edge steel to increase wear life, which translates into lower operating costs.
Best-in-class operator comfort and ergonomics.
Your operators can work more efficiently and stay comfortable with our customer-inspired cab features.
Entry and Exit
Enter and exit the cab easily and safely with these newly designed, ergonomic features.
- Fold up STIC steer/armrest
- Reduced access stairway angles
- Standard stairway lighting
Cat Comfort Series III Seat
Enhance comfort and help reduce operator fatigue with Cat Comfort Series III seat.
- Mid back design and extra thick, contoured cushions
- Air suspension system
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt
Ergonomic placement of switches and information display keep your operators comfortable all day every day.
- Large backlit membrane switches feature LED activation indicators
- Switches feature ISO symbols for quick function identification
- Two position rocker switch activates the electro hydraulic park brake
Your operator’s productivity is enhanced with our clean, comfortable cab environment.
- Experience reduced vibrations from isolation cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air
- Reduced sound levels
- Convenient floor storage tray/lunch box
Monitor, manage, and enhance job site operations.
Cat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you’ll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before. Cat Connect technologies offers improvements in these key areas: Equipment Management – increase uptime and reduce operating costs. Productivity – monitor production and manage job site efficiency. Safety – enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe.
COMPACT technologies combine advanced compaction measurement, in-cab guidance and reporting capabilities to help you consistently meet compaction targets fast, uniformly, and in fewer passes – saving on fuel and the cost of unnecessary rework.
Cat Compaction Control
The factory Cat Compaction Control system uses Machine Drive Power (MDP) technology to measure rolling resistance and correlates it with soil stiffness. MDP works in both cohesive or granular soils. Optional 3D mapping system maps compaction measurements to the precise location the operator is working, providing a real-time view of progress, and a record of compaction uniformity.
LINK technologies wirelessly connect you to your equipment, giving you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing so you can make timely, fact-based decisions that can boost job site efficiency and productivity.
Product Link is deeply integrated into your machine, giving you access to timely information like machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time and event codes via the online VisionLink user interface can help you effectively manage your fleet and lower operating costs.
DETECT technologies help keep people and equipment safe by enhancing operator awareness of the work area around working equipment and by monitoring and reporting unsafe conditions, like avoidance zones.
Rear Vision Camera
The standard rear vision camera greatly enhances visibility behind the machine to help the operator work more productively. Work with greater confidence and at peak potential while keeping people and assets safe.
Making your safety our priority.
We are constantly improving our products in an effort to provide a safe work environment for the operator and those who work on your job site. The 825K features an all new stairway access to the cab and key maintenance and service points.
- Left and right hand stairs are angled to enhance safety for operators getting on and off the 825K.
- Continuous pass-through with handrails and non-skid surfaces with toe kicks are designed into the service areas.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Optional rearview camera with in-cab monitor increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Standard cab mounted LED warning strobes
- Reduced vibrations to the operator with isolated cab mounts and seat mounted implement and steering controls.
- Low interior sound levels
- Pressurized cab with filtered air
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belts on the operator seat
Stewards of the environment.
Reducing the Impact to the Environment
The 825K is designed and built with sustainability in mind.
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with our maintenance free batteries.
- Built for multiple lives, the Cat 825 is one of the most rebuilt products to achieve the second and third life to get the most value from your investment. To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
Enabling high uptime by reducing your service time.
We can help you succeed by ensuring your 825K has design features to reduce your downtime.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spills.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS™ system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
- Quick visual inspection and minimize fluid contamination with sight gauges.
- Swing out fuel, hydraulic oil coolers and condenser for easy access cleanout.
- Ground level power service center with electrical disconnect, emergency engine shutdown, and stairway light switch.
- Lighting inside the engine compartment improves visibility to service points.
Your Cat dealers know how to keep your machines productive.
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
A valued partner, your Cat dealer is available whenever you need them.
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts
- Best-in-class parts availability
- Improve your efficiency with operator training
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts
Save time and money by working smart.
Data from customer machines show Cat Soil Compactors are among the most fuel efficient machines in the industry. Several features contribute to this excellent fuel efficiency:
- ACERT Engine – Advanced engine controls maximizes power and efficiency.
- Engine Idle Shutdown – Automatic engine and electrical system shutdown conserves fuel.
- Lockup Torque Converter – Transfers more power to the ground and optimizes fuel efficiency in all applications.
- Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS) – All new SCSS transmission controls provides greater momentum on grades and fuel savings by carrying that momentum through the shift points.
- Fuel Tank Capacity minimum of 12 hours operation depending on the application.
- Power Train
- Air to air aftercooler
- Brakes, full hydraulic, enclosed, wet multiple disc service brakes
- Cat clean emission module (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- Electro-hydraulic parking brake
- Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC)
- Engine, Cat C15 with ACERT Technology: – Tier 4 Final/Stage IV – Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Fuel to air cooler
- Ground level engine shutoff
- Hydraulically driven demand fan
- Integrated braking system
- Muffler (under hood) (Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent)
- Radiator, Aluminum Modular (AMR)
- Separated cooling system
- Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS)
- Starting aid (ether) automatic
- Throttle lock
- Torque converter with Lock Up Clutch (LUC)
- Transmission, planetary, with 3F/3R speed range control
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 150 amp
- Batteries, maintenance-free (4 – 1,000 CCA)
- Electrical system, 24V
- Ground level lockable master disconnect switch
- Light, warning unswitched (LED strobe)
- Lighting, access stairway
- Lighting, under hood
- Lighting system, halogen (front and rear)
- Lights, directional (rear)
- Starter, electric (heavy duty)
- Starting receptacle for emergency start
- Operator Environment
- 12V power port for mobile phone or laptop connection
- AccuGrade™ mapping (ready)
- Air conditioner
- Cab, sound-suppressed pressurized
- Cab door, sliding window (LH)
- Compaction control (ready)
- Coat and hard hat hooks
- Electro-hydraulic tilt and lift controls
- Finger tip shifting controls
- Flip-up armrest
- Heater and defroster
- Horn, electric
- Implement hydraulic lockout
- Instrumentation, gauges: – DEF fluid level (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV) – Engine coolant temperature – Fuel level – Hydraulic oil temperature – Speedometer/tachometer – Torque converter temperature
- Instrumentation, warning indicators: – Action alert system, three categories – Brake oil pressure – Electrical system, low voltage – Engine failure malfunction alert and action lamp – Parking brake status
- Internal four-post rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS)
- Laminated glass
- Light, (dome) cab
- Lunch box and beverage holders
- Mirror, internal (panoramic)
- Mirrors, heated ready
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Radio ready for entertainment: – Antenna – Speakers – Converter (12V, 10-15 amp)
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth) air suspension
- Seat belt with minder, retractable, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- STIC control system with lockout
- Sun visor, front
- Tinted glass
- Transmission gear (indicator)
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS): – Graphical information display – External data port – Customizable operator profiles
- Wet-arm wipers/washers (front and rear)
- Intermittent wipers (front and rear)
- Tires, Rims And Wheels
- Wheels, tamping tips
- Guard, driveshaft
- Guards, crankcase and power train
- Bulldozer straight blade, hydraulics, and linkage are included in the base machine
- Antifreeze, premixed 50% concentration extended life (–34° C/–29° F)
- Other Standard Equipment
- Cleaner bars with teeth
- Doors, service access (locking)
- Ecology drains for engine, radiator, transmission, hydraulic tank
- Emergency platform egress
- Engine, crankcase, 500 hour interval with CJ-4 oil
- Engine idle management features: – Auto idle kickdown – Delayed engine shutdown – Engine idle shutdown
- Fast fuel system
- Fire suppression ready
- Fuel tank, Fast Fill, 782 L (207 gal)
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Hoses, Cat
- Hydraulic, engine, and transmission oil coolers
- Oil change system, high speed
- Oil sampling valves
- Product Link
- Stairway, left and right rear access
- Steering, load sensing
- Toe kicks
- Total hydraulic filtration system
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Venturi stack
- Fold down exhaust stack for shipping
- Operator Environment
- Camera, rear vision
- Radio, AM/FM/AUX/USB/BLUETOOTH
- Radio, CB (ready)
- Technology Products
- Compaction control, basic
- Antifreeze, –50° C (–58° F)
- Starting Aids
- Heater, engine coolant, 120V
- Heater, engine coolant, 240V
- Film (ANSI) (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- EU certification (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- Plate – year of manufacture (Tier 3/Stage III Equivalent)