963K WH Waste Handler Track Loader
From loading to sorting to excavation and spreading cover material, the track loader is one of the most versatile pieces of equipment in your landfill or transfer station. The Waste Handling Arrangement features added guarding and seals to gives you a machine that is purpose built to take on the challenges of waste applications. A choice of buckets and track shoes allow you to further optimize the machine for greater performance and service life. The new 963K offers added fuel efficiency over the previous model, as well as greater comfort and improved implement and steering response. The 963K meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV/Korea Tier 4 emission standards.
- Engine Model
- Cat® C7.1 ACERT™
- Engine Power (Maximum) – ISO 14396
- Engine Power (Maximum) – ISO 14396 (DIN)
- Net Power (Rated) – ISO 9249/SAE J1349
- Net Power (Rated) – ISO 9249/SAE J1349 (DIN)
- Tier 4 Final/Stage IV/Korea Tier 4
- Operating Weight
- Capacity - General Purpose Landfill
- Capacity – General Purpose
- Capacity – Landfill
- Capacity – Multi-Purpose
- Capacity – Performance Series
- Bucket Width – Landfill
- Bucket Width – General Purpose
- Bucket Width – Performance Series
- Bucket Width – Multi-Purpose
- Track Shoe Width – Standard
- Track Shoe Width – Optional
- Track Gauge
- Track on Ground
- Ground Contact Area – Standard Shoe
- Ground Contact Area – Optional Shoe
- Ground Pressure – Standard Shoe
- Ground Pressure – Optional Shoe
- Track Shoe Type
- Double Grouser
- Track Rollers – Each Side
- Number of Shoes – Each Side
- Grouser Height – Double Grouser
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank
- Cooling System
- Crankcase (with filter)
- Final Drives (each)
- Hydraulic Tank
- Pivot Shaft
- DEF Tank
- Number of Pockets
- Overall Width/Beam
- Ripping Width
- Shank Cross Section
- 58.5 mm × 138 mm (50 in × 5.4 in)
- Ground Clearance
- Cylinders – Bore
- Cylinders – Stroke
- Added Machine Length with Ripper in Transport Position
- Track Motor
- Two, variable displacement, bent axis motors
- Drive System
- Hydrostatic drive with infinite machine speeds to 10.0 km/h (6.2 mph)
- Drive Pump
- Two, variable displacement, slipper-type axial piston pumps
- Relief Valve Setting
Bucket Cycle Times
- Power Down
- Float Down
- Dump at Maximum Height (from full rackback)
- Rackback at Maximum Height (from full dump)
Hydraulic System – Equipment
- Closed center, load sensing piston
- Main Relief Valve Setting
- Meets ROPS criteria SAE J1040 MAY94, ISO 3471:1994 DLV criteria SAE J397B, ISO 3164:1995
- Meets SAE J/ISO 3449 APR98 Level II, ISO 3449:1992 Level II DLV criteria SAE J397B, ISO 3164:1995
- Meet SAE J/ISO 10265 MAR99 ISO 10265:1998
- Declared dynamic operator sound pressure level is 73 dB(A) when “ISO 6396:2008” is used to measure value for enclosed cab
- Hearing protection is recommended when operating with an open operator station and cab
- Declared exterior sound power level is 108 dB(A) when value is measured according to “ISO 6395:2008”
- The labeled sound power level is 111 dB(A) measured according to the test procedure and conditions specified in 2000/14/EC.
- Overall Machine Width without Bucket: With Standard Tracks – 550 mm (21.6 in) Shoes
- Overall Machine Width without Bucket: With Narrow Tracks – 450 mm (17.7 in) Shoes
- Ground Clearance
- Machine Height to Top of Cab
- Length to Front of Track
- Overall Machine Length*
- Carry Position Approach Angle
- Digging Depth*
- Maximum Rollback at Ground
- Maximum Rollback at Carry Position
- Bucket Height in Carry Position
- Reach at Full Lift Height and 45° Dump*
- Clearance at Full Lift Height and 45° Dump*
- Maximum Rollback, Fully Raised
- Maximum Dump, Fully Raised
- Grading Angle
- Height to Bucket Hinge Pin
- Overall Machine Height, Bucket Fully Raised
- Height to Top of Seat with Headrest
- Height to Top of Stack
- Ramp Angle
- * With general purpose bucket and extra duty teeth.
963K Waste Handler Features
Purpose-built for performance
(1) Final drive seal guards feature a metallic outside ring welded to the final drive to help protect seals from damage due to wrapping of wire or plastic.
(2) Idler guards protect and limit the entry of debris to the tensioning system. Includes scrapers mounted around idler.
(3) Idler with seal protection has steel rings integrated into the idler design. Helps keep wire, strapping, etc. from damaging the Duo-Cone™ seals.
(4) Engine compartment seals limit debris entry and plugging of radiator core. Gaps sealed between sheet metal and other components for added protection.
(5) Windshield screen helps protect windshield and operator from breakage and debris.
(6) Guarding helps protect lift lines coming out of the chassis and lift cylinder hydraulic tube.
(7) Tilt cylinder guard helps protect rod surface from damage by falling debris.
(8) Guarding helps protect bucket hydraulic lines from damage.
963K Waste Handler Features
Purpose-built for performance
(9) Turbine precleaner reduces particles coming into the engine air inlet for extended engine filter life.
(10) Hydraulic reversible fan purges debris from the radiator and engine compartment air inlets by reversing the airflow. Limits radiator plugging, increases maintenance interval.
(11) Radiator fan folds out for easier cleaning/maintenance access to fan and radiator. Angled louvers direct air upward away from the ground.
(12) Heavy duty rear bumper offers optimal protection to the back of the machine – especially the cooling system. Includes a heavy duty grill with latch for quick opening, as well as a hitch.
(13) Optional rear vision camera/display helps improve visibility behind the machine.
(14) Rear striker bars help keep trash from damaging the fenders. Highly recommended in waste application to help extend sheet metal life.
(15) Center-hole track is recommended for waste applications. The design allows sprocket to push out debris, helping to reduce packing within the track links. Helps limit wear on track components and extend undercarriage life.
- Double Grouser Shoes provide good balance of traction and a smooth ride. Recommended over single grouser for reduced damage when working on concrete.
- Single Grouser Track is aggressive for good chopping action. Offers the best traction in poor underfoot conditions.
(16) The landfill bucket is equipped with heavy-duty trash rack to increase bucket capacity, reduce spillage, and help protect tilt cylinder rod. General purpose and multi-purpose bucket options are also available.
(17) Eight lights – four at top front corner of windshield, four on air conditioning compressor guard – illuminate work area in low light conditions.
- Power Train
- Cat C7.1 ACERT diesel engine
- Tier 4 Final/Stage IV/Korea Tier 4 emission standards
- Twin turbocharged with ATAAC
- Modular cooling system for engine air intake, oil and water
- Fan radiator, electronically controlled, hydraulically driven, temperature sensing, on demand
- Electro Hydrostatic Control (EHC) for transmission with travel and work modes
- Electric fuel pump
- Water separator
- Air cleaner dry-type, axial seal with integral precleaner and dust ejection system, electronic filter condition indicator
- Engine mounted aftertreatment
- Muffler, under hood
- Starting aid, glow plug
- Cat extended life coolant
- Cat Enhanced Sealed and Lubricated Track (ESALT) tracks
- Track guiding guards, end section
- Track adjuster, hydraulic
- Sprocket rims, with replaceable bolt-on Tough Steel segments
- Guards, sprocket
- Seven track rollers per side, with two upper carrier rollers, lifetime lubricated
- Idlers, conventional type, lifetime lubricated
- Oscillating track roller frames
- Alternator, 24V, heavy duty brushless
- Alarm, backup
- Horn, electric
- Two heavy duty batteries, high output, maintenance free, 1,120 CCA
- Switch, main disconnect
- Starter, electric (heavy duty, 24V)
- Four halogen lights, two facing forward, roof mounted; two facing rearward integrated into A/C unit
- Operator Environment
- Pressurized, sound suppressed, ROPS/FOPS
- Cab with tinted glass and right side sliding window
- Air conditioning and heating
- Heater/defroster with automatic temperature control
- Seat, fabric-covered, air suspended adjustable
- Electro hydraulic, seat mounted control levers with faster processing
- Seat belt, retractable, with indicator on dash
- Electronic Monitoring System with gauges for: – Engine coolant temperature – Hydraulic oil temperature – DEF level – Fuel level
- Mirror, rearview, inside, adjustable
- Radio ready – includes 24V to 12V converter, speakers, antenna and two 12V power outlets
- Coat hook
- Storage compartments under left armrest
- Document holder on right console
- Floor mat, rubber, heavy duty
- Windshield washers and wipers, multiple speed front and rear
- Durable metal roof
- Parking brake switch and “brake-on” indicator light
- Other Standard Equipment
- Sound suppression, exterior
- Z-bar loader linkage
- Load sensing variable displacement implement pump
- Implement cylinders sensors
- Operator programmable lift and tilt
- Engine enclosure with lockable doors
- Radiator core 6.5 fpi, debris resistant
- Hinged radiator guard and swing out fan
- Guards, full bottom
- Ecology drains on hydraulic oil tank
- Product Link ready
- Oil sampling valves
- Hoses, Cat XT™
- HYDO™ Advanced 10