Cat® ToughGuard™ Hose
With cover abrasion being the leading cause of hose failure in rugged environments, hydraulic hose frequently requires greater abrasion resistance than standard rubber-covered hose can give. Cat® ToughGuard™ Hose offers abrasion resistance far exceeding the capabilities of standard hose.
A polyethylene exterior provides increased resistance to abrasion caused by hoses rubbing together or against other abrasive materials.
Additionally, this cover:
- Eliminates the need for nylon or plastic add-on protection in most applications
- Does not sacrifice minimum bend performance
- Offers protection against chemicals and weathering
- Is compatible with Cat XT™ Reusable Couplings
- Uses existing clips and grommets
- Has tested to two-million abrasion cycles without failure
When it comes to hydraulics, you want the safest and most reliable components on your machine.
THAT’S WHY CATERPILLAR OFFERS SUPERIOR HOSE SOLUTIONS.
5 Reasons to Choose Cat® Hose Assemblies
- UNRIVALED EXPERTISE
- RIGOROUS TESTING
- RUGGED DESIGN
- UNMATCHED SUPPORT
- METICULOUS MANUFACTURING
* The International Standards Organization (ISO) abrasion resistance test requires a 50N (11 lb) steel tool to be cycled back and forth along the length of the hose until the cover wears away to the point of wire exposure.