Machine Shop & Machining Services
Most Utah companies like yours are seeking ways to reduce their heavy equipment operational, repair and maintenance expenses. Reconditioning existing components via machining can give you a more cost-effective solution than purchasing brand-new parts — or replacing the machine.
If you operate a business in Utah or portions of Nevada or Wyoming, you can trust the experts at Wheeler Machinery Co. to deliver high-quality machining services that can save your company money and prolong your equipment’s life span. We’ll have your machine back on the job in no time so you can keep your projects on schedule.
Our Fully Equipped Machine Shops in Utah Are Ready to Serve You
We operate multiple machining shops in Utah that offer a wide range of services:
- Machining: We have a broad assortment of metalworking, line boring and milling machines, and lathes that can shape and resurface parts like manifolds, engine blocks and cylinder heads and restore them to their original dimensions.
- Welding: Our capabilities include metal inert gas (MIG), tungsten inert gas (TIG) and stick welding processes to support various projects involving aluminum and nonferrous metals and large-scale fabrication and repair work. MIG welding can be an automatic or semi-automatic technique. We’re also experts at arc, laser-clad and submerged arc welding (SAW) methods.
- Fabrication: We have the expertise to cut, bend or assemble various metal parts and components into precise shapes and sizes that fit your equipment. You’ll get a finished product that meets the same standards for strength, durability and performance as the original.
- Cutting: We can implement flame cutting techniques to cut one or multiple parts from metal plates at thicknesses up to 5 inches. We also have three-dimensional waterjet cutting capabilities that deliver fast, accurate results without metal distortion or heat application.
- Salvage: We can even execute recovery jobs that are beyond the scope of other engine machine shops in Utah. Our state-of-the-art hydraulic presses can form and straighten severely damaged parts. We also do flame spray coating that offers a more economical alternative when repairing heavily worn surfaces.
We can provide these and other machine shop services for a range of essential equipment components, including engines, differentials, final drives, transmissions, piston pumps and more.
Why Choose Us as Your Utah Machine Shop?
As the region’s exclusive Cat® equipment dealer for decades, Wheeler Machinery Co. has the knowledge and expertise to perform expert machining service for any product manufactured by Caterpillar. We also work with machines from other leading producers. When you partner with us, you’ll get help from an experienced company that understands your equipment and what it takes to keep it on the job. Our well-trained technicians have access to the most advanced tools, training and resources to deliver the best result for your machining project.
Learn More About Our Machine Shop Services Today
The conveniently located Wheeler Machinery Co. machine shops in Utah are ready to handle your machining project. Call us at 801-974-0511 or contact us online to learn more about our services and request a quote today.